Karanba is a social project in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. With football as an instrument, Karanba helps a large number of children and young people from slum areas with achieving personal development, education and giving them the means to express themselves.
Karanba is made up of a mix of locally employed staff and volunteers, who works within the following areas:
- Administration and structure: Leading the organization. Following up on supporters.
- Pedagogy: Following up on our participants related to upbringing, teaching, learning and development. Concists of a pedagog, a social assistant and teachers.
- Teaching: Daily lectures at our main base in Rio de Janeiro with English, Maths and Portuguese. This is all based on our strategy «Inspire to choose education!»
- Vocational training: We regularly arrange workshops for our participants to make them think new, inspire them to choose education and last but not least motivate and prepare them to take the opportunities we are able to offer at Karanba.
In cooperation with Dream Learn Work, amongst others, we offer specific and professional courses at SENAI and other educational institutions within practical disciplines, often related to our sponsors maritime industry.
- Football: At Karanba we offer (free of charge, of course) organized daily football practise for our participants. Even though football isn’t a goal in itself, we strive to arrange for the best possible sporting opportunities for our participants.
- Employment: Karanba changes lifes and makes dreams come true. We are proud to say that many of our former participants are now employees at our sponsors and at other Brazilian companies. Karanbas goal is that the project will be a springboard for a better future for our participants – and NOT the highlight of their lives.